What's Planned for Fraser High School?
Fraser High School Projects Overview
The outlined projects are the result of a collaborative effort among building and district staff. This $29.37 million bond is designed to help provide modern facilities, technology and transportation to our students, staff and community.
Proposed improvements at Fraser High School are:
- Resurface parking lots which are crumbling and cracked.
- Renovate Fraser Performing Arts Center
- Replace auditorium seating which is breaking and failing.
- Replace stage curtains which are stained and torn.
- Renovate pool area
- Replace tile which is patched with tape and putty
- Install climate control system to reduce humidity
- Install sound-absorbing ceiling
- Replace touch-pads and scoreboards for more reliable time-keeping
- Renovate locker rooms, which were installed when the building opened in 1970. Many doors are missing or broken, making the lockers unusable.
- Add flexible furniture to classrooms to allow for collaboration, small group instruction and personalized learning.
- Renovate athletic facilities
- Resurface tennis courts which are cracking and becoming uneven
- Pave an access road to the soccer field and baseball diamonds north of the school
- Install brick dugouts for the softball field
- Replace aging scoreboards at the soccer field, baseball and softball fields, and football field
- Replace football field surface when it reaches the end of its expected lifespan (in another five years)
- Upgrade elevator, which was installed when the building was opened in 1970.
- Update classroom technology and infrastructure when it reaches the end of its useful life.
- Purchase laptops for all 9-12 grade students. Students have outgrown the iPads at the high school. A laptop will allow them to both consume and create projects and assignments and further allow for personalized learning.
For a comprehensive list of bond projects, please click on the Bond Overview tab on the right.