What's Planned for Edison Elementary?
Edison Projects Overview
The outlined projects are the result of a collaborative effort among building and district staff. This $29.37 million bond is designed to help provide modern facilities, technology and transportation to our students, staff and community.
Proposed improvements at Edison Elementary are:
- Resurface parking lot which is cracked and crumbling.
- Install underground storm water drainage. The current system allows for water and ice to build up on sidewalks and play areas.
- Update classroom technology, student devices, and technology infrastructure when it reaches the end of its useful life.
- Add flexible furniture to classrooms to allow for collaboration, small groups and personalized learning.
- Replace classroom coat cubbies, many of which are original to the buildings and are broken, missing or falling apart.
- Replace classroom cabinets, which are starting to break down from use and exposure to water.
- Add air conditioning to gymnasium and kitchen. These spaces are used for assemblies, lunches and classes, and get very warm when several hundred students and teachers are inside.
- Replace the sound-absorbing gymnasium ceiling, which is patched in many places and falling apart.
- Add sound system to the gym to facilitate assemblies.
- Improve playground equipment and resurface asphalt play areas which are cracked and crumbling.
For a comprehensive list of bond projects, please click on the Bond Overview tab on the right.