Virtual Options for Macomb County Residents
The application period for Fraser Virtual is now closed.
Virtual Learning Update - July 2021
We are excited to partner with Lincoln Learning for our K-8 students and Edgenuity for grades 9-12 students. Virtual learners will receive direct instruction from either a Lincoln Learning or Edgenuity teacher. A Fraser teacher will be assigned as a mentor to help students check in, keep him or her on track, and align the grading system with Fraser’s.
It is important to understand that this will be a different online learning environment than the Virtual experience provided in 2020-21. The bulk of the instruction will be online and course content will be delivered by Lincoln Learning and Edgenuity. For younger students, a learning coach will be a critical piece in each student's success. The learning coach, at home, needs to support the student with daily instruction, content delivery, and technology.
Is virtual learning right for my child?
- Students will need a learning coach at home to help facilitate the direct instruction.
- Learning will be robust and expectations will be identical to a face-to-face school model.
- Students may need to come to school for key small group instruction and assessments.
- Fraser Public Schools will provide a device (iPad for K-8 and MacBook for 9-12) to every student upon enrollment and completion of the Parent Technology Agreement.
- Students enrolled in Fraser Virtual K-12 will still have access to participate in Fraser athletics and student organizations.