School-Age Child Care
Beginning in the 2020-2021 school year, the Latchkey program will be called School-Age Child Care (SACC).
Limited spaces will be available at all six elementary schools. We anticipate registration opening in late August, 2020.
- Schedule: Parent/Guardian Provides a schedule at registration
- Billing/Payments: Prepaid in advance every two weeks
Due to COVID-19
- Only for students with parents/guardians working outside the home
- Smaller/limited group sizes
- Additional cleaning and sanitizing
- Staff and children must wear face masks
- Daily rates
- Parents will be provided with a SACC COVID-19 Response Plan
SACC Fees During COVID-19 (September-January)
- Supplies/Materials Fee: $50/child or $75 family (each semester)
- Afternoon Only (12:00 - 6:00 p.m.): $25 per student
- Full Day (7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.): $35 per student
Child Schedule Information
- Only registered students will be allowed to enter SACC, no ‘drop-in’ childcare
- The schedule must be submitted at registration
- Changes to the schedule need to be approved by childcare staff based on space available
- Children will be put on a waiting list if space is not available
- Parents/legal guardians need to submit payment based on the schedule provided at the time of registration.
- Fees are paid in advance. Invoices will be sent every two weeks. Payment of fees is due on or before Thursday of each week for the following week’s care.
- Parents/legal guardians that do not make their payments by Friday for the following week could lose their spot in SACC. They will be contacted if this situation occurs.
- If the account is not kept current or is chronically delinquent, we reserve the right to terminate care until full payment is made or to terminate childcare permanently.
- Families with overdue accounts from the 2019-2020 school year must pay the balance in full before current year registration will be accepted. We reserve the right to deny childcare services when payment is delinquent.
Additional information will be provided in the SACC Parent Handbook. Find the SACC Parent Handbook here.
COVID-19 Parent Handbook
The Macomb County Health Department has put together some important information for parents about COVID-19, including how it is spread, how families will be notified should a positive case be reported in one of our schools, and when to keep your student home. You can find this here: http://bit.ly/COVIDParentToolkit.